Pages

11.9.07

In Memory of my Mom

Carol Leuenberger Sept 11-1924 - Sept 30 -2000


Today, 9/11 was my Mother's birthday. I remember taking this photo of her on the deck of our home in Nelson. Richard and Evelyne were over, and it was June 30 - 2000. She looked so well, was so active and healthy, but died 3 months on Sept 30 - 2000. We were really close, as I was born 2 days after her 25th birthday, we always had a special bond. She had a way of making each one of us 7 kids feel we were all special. I always knew I was her favourite, and knew that when she was alone with any of the 7, they were her favourite ones as well. We all knew it and it made her even more special. So Mom, I know you watch over us, and thanks for all those loving years that you were with us to love and share your interesting life. We were all so much better because of the life you and Dad made for all of us kids, and your 9 grandchildren. You are missed every day.

Happy belated birthday (Sept 7) to my neice Kari....

**********************************

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.

~Graycie Harmon

Posted by Picasa

No comments: