Pages

17.6.11

Bunting Flags...

Currently underway in my craft room...These little flags or buntings are such fun to make..following this tutorial from Lola Nova ..Here..
as well as her work in Mollie Makes..this is the version I came up with. I used a 12 x12 piece of card stock from my scrapbooking pile..sewed strips of fabric using her method of gluing on the ends ( my machine did not clog running thru the small bits of glue used) I wanted smaller triangles......I think I was able to get 18 out of one sheet.......Flip it over and mark them out.....once I got the top row marked out, I flipped the triangle over, matching the points......the other change I made for the second one ..( in progress).....is that I sewed thru each triangle from top to bottom thru the centre..I did this before I cut them out.... this stabilized the smaller points so the wouldn't fall off...Tell me what you think?I had this lovely vintage pop pom fringe which I thought was perfect for this handmade bunting..




























4 comments:

Christa said...

You never cease to amaze me ... well done ... I love how you put it all together ... How sweet with your other bunting ... looks good ... ! Let the flags wave ... !!! xoxo

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

So very cute! Love the pom pom trim you used. I was going to make some for my sister for her July 4th party. Better hurry on that!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Adorable! I love the pom pom fringe! I really like the ribbon that looks like a measuring tape, too. Or is it a measuring tape? It turned out really well, Dagmar!

Log Cabin Studio said...

Loved talking to you tonight..keep on crafting..
xox