Pages

24.6.11

Sewing Notebook....

When Cindy and I were at the Farm Chicks Show, I bought this wonderful linen bag that was fully lined with an interior pocket..I knew I wanted to make several more as a gift....My good friend Alanna is an excellent seamstress/quilt maker, crafter...etc.
When we stayed overnight with them on Monday....I brought my bag with me and she was able to deconstruct it. This is our prototype...We just used remants from her stash pile and made 2 identical bags...great for the market...she has already used hers and she said it held everything she needed!
Thanks Alanna for showing me how to make more of these very useful and comfortable bags!
This is the one I bought...beautifully made.....








This is the colorful market bag we made. Alanna did all the sewing on her Bernina machine while I did the pressing and measuring the corners..team work it's best!








It is all in the details...











2 comments:

Faye said...

Totally awesome bags and the one you made with Alanna is in a pattern so appropriate to go to the market!!

Christa said...

What a wonderful market bag ... you must have had a great time learning how to make this bag ... Alanna is so talented ... It would have taken me forever to work that one out ... they will make precious gifts ... hint... hint ... ! Talk to you soon ... xoxo