Pages

23.7.11

Picnic time....

Tomorrow we are heading out for a picnic...One of these would be a great way to travel....

In 1968 I traveled with my families friend, Helen Cox, from the small town of Bull River, BC where we grew up to Pawling NY....in her VW camper Van..3 months on the road...endless memories that helped shape me into who I am today...Looking back I am not sure how she did it..she never had any children of her own and she took this chatty 17 year old with her...she did insist on an hour of silence each day....only an hour I say?
She taught me how to drive in NY City! She became my son's Godmother and passed away years ago....she instilled in me my love of travel ...she was a wonderful mentor to me.



























repined from Pinterest.


4 comments:

Christa said...

What a wonderful experience for you ... and memories ... I remember those Van campers ... the Peace & Love campers ... or Hippie Wagons ... I can well imagine you were a "Chatty Cathy" travelling ... surprised she only asked for 1 hour ... lol ... you are a great travelling companion ... and lots of fun ... love our time we spend together ... travelling or not !! xoxo

Christa said...

Love your new header ... simple, colourful and calming ... !! xoxo

Log Cabin Studio said...

great photos..from Bull River to New York,what a wonderful experience!
xox

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

What great memories! 3 months on the road! She sounds like one of those fearless and fun women. :)
An hour of silence~I used to do that to my kids! I could only get 10 minutes at a time, though.