Pages

12.6.07

Thornhaven Winery...

This is the symbol on the beautiful entrance to Thornhaven Winery in Summerland. It is an Adobe Santa Fe style Winery with a wonderful deck that overlooks the valley and the lake. You can have a picnic on the deck, and watch the Kettle Valley Steam train go by. A lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Jim on the deck of the winery with the lake in the background. It has stamped concrete floors, and wonderful seating to check out the scenery. Dogs are welcome, how good it that?


We also went to Dirty Laundry Winery and sampled some of their wines. It is also a must see on your wine tour of the Okanogan. Oldest Gewurztraminer vines in the valley, and you must get some before it is sold out.
**************

"I love everything that’s old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wine."
Oliver Goldsmith, She Stoops to Conquer





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Dagmar! I was working at the crop at Memories & More the other night and Gen told me that you have a blog, so I got her to email me the link.

I haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but wanted to say a quick hi to you! We are living in the basement of yet another unfinished home :) Hope to have my craft room set up soon!

ttyl

Cheryl (Overton)