Pages

18.7.07

The dock...


Over the last few days or so, I have missed our dock at Kootenay Lake in Nelson where we used to live. I came across this photo today, and I thought about all the times I spent down at the dock. All the books I read down there, the solitude, how the dogs loved the shade and the coolness of the lake. The hours of fun that the Osprey and their babies provided while they were learning how to fly. I often miss the campfires and the beautiful night skies. You quickly forget all the hard work to keep such a place, but when it is so hot here, the memories are lovely.

*****************************

Memory is a woman walking along a lakeshore. You never can tell what small heart shaped stone that she will pick up and store away amongst her treasured things.

Posted by Picasa. ~Pierce Harris, Atlanta Journal

No comments: