Pages

14.5.09

My Cindy...

Only another gardener would understand the joy in this photo...A load of well rotted manure for the garden...this is true happiness!!!
Emmy Lou thinks so as well.


When Cindy was down here in April, she bought this great fountain and has it on her deck outside her window...Doesn't it look beautiful?
I am sure in the hot summer it will be lovely and give the birds another place to drink
~~~~~~~
Weather means more when you have a garden.
There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans.
Marcelene Cox.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time one is eighty, it is said, there is no longer a tug of war in the garden with the May flowers hauling like mad against the claims of the other months. All is at last in balance and all is serene. The gardener is usually dead, of course.

Henry Mitchell, The Essential Earthman, 1981

2 comments:

hippo chick said...

Having just fought with the weeds in my garden for several days, I sometimes felt dead.

I love Cindy's fountain.

~hippo hugs~

Happy Day Lady said...

Oh my gosh... what an awesome quote!
too funny
great to see you today you glamorous sassy woman you! :O)