Pages

11.7.11

Meet Olive and Lucy

Olive and Lucy....






I decided to make a few softies...I have piles of felted thrifted sweaters....I have all these ideas spinning around in my head...as I am editing 12,897 photos off of Picasa to an external drive...I needed something to do that wasn't so mind boggling as " what am I going to do with all these photos".

I just started to doodle and here is what went from my paper to my sewing machine and then to my hands...

Olive might be a little dog....Lucy...well....not quite sure what she is..she just
evolved...I love, love making them...do you think they need a sausage dog as a guard dog?

Olive...made of a felted thrifted RL sweater with a special collar. This was from a Shetland sweater that was a gift from Peter..He went to the Shetland Islands and brought this back as a gift for my Mom...after my Mom passed away..I got the sweater..by then it had a few moth holes in...I felted it to save for a special project! I love the stripes and the small flower patterns..she looks quite sporting don't you think?

















Lucy...I decided to use Mom's sweater for the body..changed her body style a bit and I just kept on going thru my stash pile until I found just the right combination that suited her! I love her slightly off look..dazed I think might be the word...fully stuffed...she is very huggable!





















5 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Those are adorable, Dagmar! Such great original designs, too. Is one of them going to Claire's house?

Christa said...

You still amaze me with your crafty ideas ... I'm sure you had a lot of fun making them ... they are cute ...!!
Well done ... ! xoxo
PS: what are you going to do with all those photos ? wow ...!

Tracy said...

ha! these are fun! such a cute project. You won't be surprised to know I also have a stash of felted sweaters that I hope to someday do something with. so many ideas - not enough time... on tv I oncesaw an idea to have a child draw a monster and then help them to create the monster doll. cute.

Tracy said...

oh, btw... here is in image (I hope this copy and paste works) of a toddler jumper I hope to make for Kori someday, by Betz White, with felted sweaters. the cute mouse comes out of the pocket:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_B4cqIWkgkGw/TPEBpfhrxdI/AAAAAAAAEB8/aQePyeOFPYI/s1600/Girl%2527s%2BJumper%2Bsm.jpg

Pollyanna said...

What an amazing idea, Dagmar, I have been wondering what to do with my own stack of felted sweaters, just trust you to have a fabby idea!!