Pages

11.8.11

Sweet Summer Cherries

Our beautiful Okanagan Valley is groaning with fruit at this time of the year...with the lack of cherry pickers the fruit is falling from the trees!
We rescued a few cherries from spoiling by hand picking some off the branches within our reach as we were wine touring...oh my goodness...the sweet taste of a warm tree ripened cherry will stay with me all summer long.

You know what Erma Bombeck said...."if life is a bowl of cherries, what am I doing in the pits? "

Have a happy day and eat lots of fruit!




























I am totally in love with this cherry bowl hand made by Nancy Pridham...I have many of her pieces that were bought when we lived in Nelson,B.C.....check out her amazing art pottery.
HERE


4 comments:

Christa said...

Our families love cherries ... it's sad that there aren't enough pickers ... such a waste that those delicious little gems will not find there way to many tummies ... for their sweet taste ... great pictures of the cherries and of the beautiful bowl ... where are all the cherries in the bowl ? xoxo

Winifred said...

They look delicious! You take such great photos.

Wish I could come and pick some. Hate the thought of them going to waste.

Faye said...

It feels almost criminal for such sweet cherries to fall to the ground and not be savored by anyone!! I LOVE cherries and wish we could grow them up North!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love cherries! I can't believe they are going to waste. So glad you saved some! The bowl is so cute.