Pages

22.2.13

Hiking...

This was the view that greeted us outside our door yesterday..really, who comes to Arizona to see snow at the lower elevations? Even the golf match had to be suspended in Tucson for a day...we made good use of the day..tried in new hiking boots at REI...our goal is to hike 250 miles before we head back to BC in early April...I have worn a pair of hiking shoes out already...they lasted 188 miles....I am sure we will hike those extra miles and see some amazing desert wildflowers with in the next 7 weeks.










Ocotillo cacti starting to leaf out..the first sign of spring in the desert.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow! Snow and cactus in the same post... amazing photos!!! That view is gorgeous; you are so lucky to witness it. Good thing I'm not your neighbor IRL; I would have a heck of a time keeping up with you on those walks - although I'd love to try ;)

Unknown said...

Um, I'm not feeling too sorry for you, LOL. Woke up to snow again this morning...it's getting old pretty fast, hehe Maybe it will warm up next month...

Christa said...

Wow ... we are getting the same weather here in Ont. !!! The snow is still beautiful on the mountains ... !!! It will be great hiking on the trails with all the cacti starting to bloom ... take a few bandaides with you on your adventure to take care of any blisters ... !!! xoxo

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! I wish I could come hiking with you! Tammy