Pages

27.2.13

On my knitting needles,

Once a week, I go to a knitting group here where we live in AZ..these lovely ladies are talented knitters..they share their expertise so freely as well as give me encouragement and relate wonderful stories..I imagine this scene is repeated in many places all around the world..gathering together, helping each other out and sharing new ideas..here is what is on my needles at the moment..a vest..simple, yet in the loveliest, softest and most beautiful merino yarn I could find..it grows row by row..outside under the shade of the umbrella, inside at night listening to music, you can her my knitting needles clicking away..a sweet sound.





Learning to wind the yarn so it has a centre pull on a beautifully hand turned
nostepinne.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh beautiful! What a great time that must be - I can just hear all the clicking of the needles a group of knitters would make! Delicious colours Dagmar.

Tanya said...

Boy, could I have used that winding tool last night...I hand wound a ball with a center pull, only to have it too tight to pull through and it broke inside the ball, trying to "coax" it out (yes, I YANKED it) - ARGHHHH!!! Happy knitting - Tanya

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Beautiful yarn. Isn't it lovely to have your wee fingers being creative. Hugs Judy

Log Cabin Studio said...

Love those soft colors,beautiful
Yarn!!!
xoxo

koralee said...

How lovely...I think of my grandma when I think of the sound of knitting
needles. What joy they must bring you...your work is so lovely. xoxo

kareninkenai said...

Beautiful yarn, Dagmar... the color is gorgeous. I found two lovely skeins of Madeline Tosh Chunky Thoreau in Palm Springs (cannot get in Alaska); brought it back and made a WURM hat this week. Knitting is so very meditative for me. I want to learn the European method tho, since I taught myself when young and I still throw the yarn in purl and guess I am called a "picker" in knit. Hugs - I am looking at the tags you sent now! They are beautiful, too. Smiles. Karen

Tammy said...

Sounds lovely. The color of that yarn is so pretty. Best wishes, Tammy

Christa said...

Very impressive the progress that you have made on your sweater ... little by little it grows ... love the sound of the knitting needles coming together as well ... Happy Knitting ... !!! xoxo