Pages

11.3.13

Wildflowers...

What joy our hikes have brought us...the rains in January have really made the wildflowers start blooming early..these are some the flowers seen on our hike last week...lupines, brittle brush, wild onions, California poppies, as well as a few I don't recognize.....these sweet little wonders cover the hillsides. Since November we have hiked 215 miles....just can't wait to see what will be blooming this week when it gets up to the mid 80's....will keep you posted.













7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers...God's creation is so awesome!

koralee said...

Such JOY...I love those California poppies .....hope you are well today...the sun is shining which is such a lovely surprise as it was forecast to rain today...just never know what surpises the day will bring! Hope your are all amazing. xoxo

Christa said...

How lovely ... with colour added to the landscape ... a beautiful sight as you continue on your hikes ... great photos ... Enjoy you day ...!!! xoxo

Maureen said...

Wow, what absolutely beautiful photos Dagmar! Makes me wish I were there!

Magdalena said...

These photos are amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Magdalena

Shane Pollard said...

Oh what a beautiful area for your walks D - I'm envious!
Beautiful californian poppies - I used to grow them in my old bungalow garden - must get some seeds for flowers next Summer. I recognise that blue flower too but can't remember the name..... maddening when that happens (more often now than I like)!!!
Temperatures in the 80's - I thought it was Winter there.. can you explain!!
Shane ♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love wildflowers. They just grow and grow without a care in the world. And some people only think of them as noxious weeds. You two sure are doing great with your walking. Best wishes, Tammy