Pages

18.6.13

sweet finds...

I always find it amazing that when I go to my favorite thrift shops, a sweet find is waiting just for me. A few days ago, I found these crocheted pieces inside the yarn..as well as this completed cross stitch deer with her fawn for $1.50. I will make these into something, maybe frame the deer or make it into a pillow..someone spent a lot of love and energy crafting these sweet finds..I often think of these women and wonder who they were and how their work ended up in a thrift shop.....I hope they lived a good long life.

3 comments:

Log Cabin Studio said...

What a lot of work in that piece,
I am sure that you will recycle into something special!!
xoxo

Tammy said...

Those are very sweet finds. The deer cross-stitch certainly took some time. I used to make such detailed designs but now, when I find the time, I just want to do something very simple. I know you will turn the cross-stitch into something lovely to display. Best wishes, Tammy

Maureen said...

Oh I LOVE the cross stitch! Yes, it must have taken some time to do; what a shame a family member couldn't treasure it. I know you will create something fab with it!