Pages

18.11.14

3 years ago today...

It is hard to believe that it has been

3 years ago today,

that our brother Harry had his stem cell transplant.

Our sister Evelyne was his perfect 10 point match.

Harry and Jill knew they had a grandchild on her way,

3 years later,

they are blessed with 2 girls and 2 boys.

I am sure that gave Harry and Jill so much hope.

We are so grateful for modern medicine and the care

that Harry received at the

Tom Baker Cancer Clinic in Calgary.

I love this old photo I found of our family.

Christmas time 1954.

I am holding Harry who was nearly a month old.

It is a good day.

 

 

2 comments:

Tante Mali said...

Dear Dagmar,
thank you so much for your lovely visit on my blog. I'm happy you found the way! And I'm happy to read your post - my hopes are with you and yours! All my best to you
Elisabeth

Winifred said...

That's a lovely post.

It's 3 years last month since my niece had her bone marrow transplant. She's almost fully recovered. Taken a long time with lots of setbacks but than God for modern medicine as you say. My Mam died with lukaemia 44 years ago. No miracle cures around in those days sadly.