Pages

17.12.14

Found...

Yesterday while Jim and I had gone out to do some errands,

we saw a dog

running down the sidewalk beside a busy highway.

We stopped and I went over to her,

she was so excited, wiggling her whole body and laying down

for a tummy rub.

I always have a leash and a collar in the car. {Probably from Cookie or Pebbles}

She had a collar but no ID.

We drove around the neighbourhood with her comfortably

resting in the back seat, finding no one that knew of her.

We took her to our homeowner association office,

they took her photo, did a scatter email to all the

residents and one of the girls was taking this

sweet, sweet golden retriever

home with her for the night.

I will call first thing in the morning to see if she found a home.

I will post an update.

11:30 update: human owner reunited with her dog!

 

 

2 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Good for y'all...picking her up and taking care of her. She looks like an older girl and, maybe, got confused. It happens. I've still got the Redbone I picked up a few months go; would love to find her another good home but...
too afraid someone would mistreat her again. Around here if a "dog don't hunt" s/he's beaten. grrrr!

Una said...

Aww! I'm glad there was a happy ending. The dog looks adorable and the owner must have been grateful to get her back.