Pages

9.4.09

Goodbye to the desert...

Cacti grow well in small containers such as this beautiful one from Shannon.

Finally a bloom. I must of transplanted this prickly hedgehog cactus 3 times and finally stuck him in an unattractive space at the end of the wall...and to my amazement, it blooms.
Next year I will make that area a cactus garden and beautify the surrounding wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I never had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden.
~Abraham Cowley, The Garden, 1666


1 comment:

Happy Day Lady said...

I think the bloom is saying "thank you for your care Dagmar and Jim! - I'll be the bloom of your zestful spirit here until you come again!"

God Bless you and keep you all safe on your journey and may the BC sun shine brightly upon your return.
Farewell :)