Pages

22.4.11

How I learn...

With my IPad on to the pattern I am trying to learn...I am able to teach myself with some of the great tutorials that are out there...some are in written and others are in video format. Here is the bottom of the bag I am making from Lucy . Her step by step tutorials on how to make this bag as well as many other lovely and colorful projects are clear cut and rather funny at times. She writes in such an enjoyable and entertaining way.




The start of the bottom of the bag...at this point you can fold it in half and it will become a bird decoration...check out her site for that as well.




The yarn that I am using..merino wool and cotton blend.






The newest British Country Living as well as British Country Homes and Interiors..( a wink to Suzanne..the magazine maven)





This is Lucy's bag...every time I see it I just "sigh" so I knew I had to learn how to make it for myself..I saw one similar to this in Artful Blogger from Raina at Raining Sheep. She was kind enough to tell me about Lucy and where I could find the pattern..the other good news...I found a fabulous knitting store here in Kelowna...I will be joining group of knitter's to learn more techniques...the wool is amazing...photos to follow!


Have a wonderful Easter Weekend where ever you are! :)

2 comments:

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Oh, my gosh, I don't have those magazines yet! I probably shouldn't buy them. We both know why. ;)

You're a great crocheter. Is that the word? I love the colors that you're using.

raining sheep said...

Beautiful. I don't blame you for wanting to make that bag. It is such a fun bag. I am tempted to sew a liner for mine because little things go through it and fall out - like keys. A liner would help tremendously.