Pages

24.5.11

GreenCraft Magazine submission

This is my submission to GreenCraft magazine as one day I hope to get published.

This quick little project all starts out with 2 crocheted doiles
either made by yourself..but in this case they were from my local
thrift store at 25 cents a piece. I traced a circle from a thrift
store white skirt I had, hand sewed it and stuffed it with some lint
from the dryer as well as a bit of polyfil...Next I pinned the top and
bottom pieces overtop the little cushion I made, then just did a very
simple crochet stitch...sc.hdc,dc,hdc,sc into each loop. I also found
the crochet thread at our thrift store..why buy anywhere else?

In the picutres below, I placed some little flowers I make on the top
of the pin cushion so you can see you can make it even more special as
a little house warming gift..perhaps with some scissors. needles,
floss embroidery or crochet thread. You could also add some tea and a
vintage tea cup and wrap it all up together.


3 comments:

Christa said...

Yeah ... great project and so easy ... simple instructions to follow ... well done ... what a great idea for a gift ... I sure hope GreenCraft magazine will publish your submission ... what's next? xoxo

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Your photos are certainly magazine worthy, and the project is just fantastic! I hope they give you a big "YES"!

raining sheep said...

It is so cute, I love it. Very dainty and feminine. Hope you are doing well. We are off to New York next week for vacation and then I stay on for work. Hope the weather is nicer than here ... it's pouring outside.